Friday, May 7, 2010

Mommy & Son Date

Since Nicolas had been so defiant lately I've been reading and talking to good friends - I'm blessed to have a close friend in Chile who is a Children Psychologist - everyone and everything pointed that Nicolas behavior is normal and he just wants his mommy for himself as he was so used to have me just for him for the first 3 and a half years of his life.  So I planned for us to have a "Mommy & Son Date" which took place yesterday afternoon.  We talked about this earlier in the week and I told him we could go anywhere he wanted to, he chose the Kids Museum down town so I left Emilia with her Nana and Poppie and got my boy, who was beyond excited to see me because he knew what was coming.  Just me and him again!
We had a wonderful time at the museum, there was nobody there, the place was for us and another little girl that was there with her daddy.  We played and played and played.  They have added a new baby section at the museum so we went and he was loving the babies, he took one out and asked me to get one and we put our babies in their strollers and we took them around the museum with us, everywhere we went they were with us (writing this makes me understand why my back was killing me last night, bending over go push that tiny stroller is what did it).  We took them to the dentist, we bake them apple pies, we showed him the post office and the waterfall :)  It was so much fun to be alone with him, not having to worry when sister is going to wake up to eat, how much longer we have before our moment is interrupted and all that, this was just a relaxing afternoon for both of us!  No worries, just playtime!!


No outing to Main St. is complete unless you go to our favorite bakery to get a cookie, which is more Icing than cookie, so there we went when we were done, he had a penguin (yes black icing - not so cute - ) and I had a cookie monster ha ha ha (total pig).  After that he asked me if we could pleeeeeeeaseeeeee go to the toy store, so of course we did, I told him we were not going there to buy anything but just to look around and play with toys.  He did see some rubber toys and we bought two lizards, at .50 each I thought Why Not! 

Our outing ended with a sweet visit to Nicolas' favorite teacher so far, he adores her.  She just had a baby girl so we stopped by her house and met the cute little one, Nicolas had a chance to snuggle and get loving from this sweet woman who loves him so much!!  She even let him draw a picture on this precious guest book she had for people to sign, he got a whole page for himself, can you see how much she loves him!

She said "Yes!! a picture of me and my babies"

What can I say, this was a very special day for Nicolas and I.  I'd love to do this more often and can't wait until I have this 'dates' with my Emilia.  So much fun!!

I LOVE YOU SON!!!

 

3 comments:

Amy said...

i think this is a great idea that you should make a tradition... for both of them. You know, when Emilia gets older :)

I'm glad you had fun. This museum looks like fun, please email me and let me know where it is and what it's called!

Anonymous said...

awww that was a wonderful idea! I know he enjoyed it so much! It was wonderful to see you all the other evening and we have to make plans again soon! Your family is so wonderful! Enjoy the time with your mom :)

love ya!

Together We Save said...

Looks like you both had a wonderful time!