Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Perfect Day

After a week of being home I finally can say we had a perfect day!!  There was no TV watching until after lunch; normally Nicolas gets to watch some early in the morning since he's my early bird :)  This Momma needs some time to get going these days! but for reasons that we shouldn't discuss I can tell "someone" didn't get to watch TV at night for 3 days in a row and on top of that the early morning tv watching was out today too.  I don't know if it was that or what but boy oh boy he was awesome today!!!!!!!!!!

We had breakfast on the back deck, Nicolas wrote letters on his board and then we went around the house looking for things that started with that letter, God send us an airplane when we started and it was super exciting, the sweetest thing was Emilia looking up and waving Abuelita bye, I taught both of my children to remember their Abuelita each time they see an airplane because that's the only way she can come see us :)  We also did some painting, played store, Nicolas and Emilia played Mom & Dad, my favorite lines from that pretend play was this:
Nicolas "Millie, you know you are going to have to wake up early because I wake up late!"   When I was telling Matt this tonight, Nicolas heard us and say "yeah I was trying to be like Daddy!" that made it even better!!!!!!!! 

Emilia working on her 3rd painting project

 Nicolas concentrating on his work

Projects done!



We went on a walk to the mail box or what it is now called "a nature walk" because we look at details that we normally don't pay attention when we walk by or at least I don't, I'm pretty sure Emilia always takes the time to look at little rocks, flowers, sticks, etc. but busy mom here doesn't take time to look down except when I remember there could be a snake around and then I really pay attention.
After that I pushed them in the swing for a little bit, thank goodness Nana came by to see us because it was super hot outside and I didn't want to stay out that long so she gave us a good excuse to go back inside.  Nicolas jumped over the sprinkler and Emilia refuses to get wet like that, she doesn't like splashing (just like her daddy) Nicolas is a water-lover!

Everyone got along today, there was no screaming on their part (or mine) ... and the cherry of this cake was Nicolas' prayer tonight "Father, thank you for giving me the power to be good for my mommy today!"  

Matt and I spent time together while we watched the 6 o'clock news and that was a nice little break for us.

After everyone went to bed I watched Chilean news and some more tv, chatted with friends on FB and called my mom.

PERFECT DAY! Praising God for it!!

No comments: