Wednesday, December 17, 2008

1st post ~ randomness

I've been blogging for the past 3 years or so and today is the first time I do it in my "English" version, so needless to say I'm excited because I've wanted to do this for a long time but I just haven't taken the time to do it.

As this is my first post I'd like to take this opportunity to clarify and excuse myself if my grammar is not proper or you see some other errors of that type, you see? I learned this language by hearing it so I have no clue about grammar rules - which I'm not sure many Americans do either, ha ha ha - Having that clarified here I go.

So many random thoughts in my head this morning, so here are a few:

1.- Christmas will be here in a few days and I really don't feel it coming. I do have my Christmas tree up, I took my son to get his picture made with Santa, I've bought all the stuff to bake my cookies this weekend, I've ordered the food for Christmas eve (which will be at our house again this year!), I'm almost done with my shopping (3 more gift cards and I'm done baby!), so ... what's missing?? Why am I not feeling it?? I even lead a bible study on the Purpose of Christmas, is it because we are too worried about the economy and what not? Is it because I haven't done my daily devotions lately? Is it because I keep thinking in all those families who have a dad that has lost his job and they are not sure what kind of Christmas they will have this year? Am I so wrapped up in these commercial society I live in that I haven't allowed myself to feel the spirit??? Who knows!

2.- I've turned 31 a few days ago and I'm excited about that (May be the excitement of my birthday has taken off the spirit of Christmas!). I'm excited that I finally feel like an adult - took me a while didn't it? - not that I feel old or anything like that, I just feel comfortable with myself and that's a great feeling.

3.- My son is growing so so so so fast, it's almost sad to see. Don't take me wrong, I love to see him grow up and do, say, express new things but at the same time I see little babies and I wonder "where's my baby???". I mean, he will always be my baby right, but I can't hold him anymore, I still pick him up but only last a few minutes and it's over :( On my birthday I explain to him what day it was and I asked him if he could sing to me, so he did and after he was done (after I kissed him all over to the point of uncomfortableness ... I think?!) he said "Look Mommy! over here -pointing at the wall- I see your birthday cake, Let's Eat It!" as he lean close to the wall and pretended to eat "My delicious cake" so of course I did too. I love him, I love his imagination, I hope and pray he keeps it for the rest of his life.

Well, it's time for lunch.

Gotta go.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hooray for your english blog! Don't worry about grammar, you do better than most southern-ers anyway :) Now about your post...
1. I'm not "feeling" it either. I think maybe it's the economy and the restraint on money... but then again, it shouldn't be about money and gifts... ugh.
2. I'm 26, will be 27 in April. I don't quite feel like an adult yet :) Maybe I'll feel it at 31. Wes will be 7... wow, I can't even imagine that... which brings me to...
3. Time has flown since I've had a kid. they grow so incredibly fast. It's amazing. And scary.