Yesterday I was talking to a friend and she told me her nephew was diagnosed with either Leukemia or Lymphoma, they weren't sure yet. That made me thought about all the children I've hear of being sick (I'm not talking about a cold or anything simple, I'm talking Cancer, Illness ... horrible stuff), how great things are in our lives and how we take them for granted.
Today I turned my cell phone on and I realized I had a message, it was another friend of mine asking me to pray for a little girl who is in the NICU, she's not doing good at all.
Last week a little girl from our local elementary school died after a long fight of cancer.
I know this is the cheerful season, right? Well, I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to put things in perspective and wondering how often do I complaint about things, how often I'm not satisfied because things didn't go my way. WOW how dumb that makes me feel. How ungrateful ... one of my favorite Christmas songs is the one John Lennon sings "So this is Christmas, and what have you done? another year over ..."
Well let's see:
* I've made new friends this year, wonderful girls!
* I got my act together and decided it was time to get serious about going back to my "pre-baby" weight, so I joined a program and I've made my goal and may be in January I'll work on dropping a few more, you know, nothing ever stays on the same place after you gain 50 lbs. (or more??!!) with your pregnancy.
* I've worked with a group of friends and doing certain projects to help our community, which has felt GREAT. I wish I was loaded with money so each week we could do more and more! :D
* I had my first long week vacation at the beach after years of not doing it, it was awesome. Our little boy still talks about it. :D We went with another family who are really good friends of ours. It was so much fun.
* I took a trip with friends, for 2 days, without my husband and without my child. FIRST TIME ever being away from both of them and let me tell you IT WAS FUN. It was so nice to be away without worrying about what I need to do when I get home or wondering how Nicolas is doing or anything. Just having fun. Thanks to good friends and my wonderful husband who's an awesome Dad!!
* I didn't see any of my family (from Chile) this year and that's kind of sad but I know I'll see my Mom (Lord willing) next Spring.
* I've decided to not worry about the pressure of having another child, if we do it'll be later (when Nico is in kindergarten ... may be) so that makes me feel much better.
I'm sure I've done much more this year but these are the things that are fresh on my mind and the things that make me happy right now. I'm thankful of all the blessings God pours on me everyday of my life, friends, family, health, job, having way more than I need.
Hopefully when I'm having a bad moment I can come back in here, read it all over again, get my act together and stop complaining about "This" or "That".
What about you? How often do you complaint? What have you done?