Thursday, July 16, 2009

"If this is not YOUR child ..."

You know how we, as parents, like to see what feature (habit, looks, you name it) of ours our kids have in them?. Not long ago the three of us went out to eat at a Pizza Place (one of my favorite foods since pregnancy # 2 started) and I looked at Nicolas, this is what I see, my sweet eyes dimpled faced child with a brownie on one hand and a plane pizza slice on the other, I gave Matt this looked and told him "If this is not YOUR child I don't know what ...". We both laughed and kept on eating. As we left the restaurant a guy drove by, windows down, loud music (Hispanic music I must say) and as soon as my son heard it, he started dancing right there in the middle of the side walk, that's when Matt looked at me and said "and if this is not YOUR child, i don't know what..." ha ha ha.

Last night as I'm laying on the couch after I went to the store, did laundry, swept the basement, yes I overdid myself but I haven't had energy in a long long time so like my husband told me "you got too proud of yourself" :). Back to the subject, as I was laying there Matt started Nico's bath (he always does that for him), Nico got in the water and was playing with what you could consider 50% of all his toys in there but of course he needed one more toy.

N: "Daaaaaddy!!!"

M: "Yes Nicolas?"

N: "I need Diego in the bathtub"

M: "Where is Diego?"

N: (small pause) "On the table"

Matt went to look and there it was, now let me explain something to you, this is the son of two people who are always looking for keys, glasses, cell phones, wallets, purses ... etc. We spend a lot of time trying to find that one thing we need, well our son, has toys in his bedroom, living room, dinning table (that's where Diego was) and he left it there the night before (I know you are wondering we don't pick up the toys everyday??? nope we don't, only the ones from the living room floor that drive me nuts, the rest is move to the side and it's fine) and he knew exactly where it was, so obviously this little person has some features of his own. Like knowing where he left his stuff.

I wonder if it'll stick until teen years ... I know, nice try, right?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awe, how sweet! It might be a toddler thing, I don't know - but anytime something is missing, I can ask Wes to go get it and he usually foes right to it :) I'm sure it's just our sons. They are geniuses!!!

carolina nana said...

Hey Claudia,I ordered some things from a lady who sews on e-bay and she sent the potato bag as a gift,she sells them in her e-bay store,if you want I will give you her name,but talk to Amy first as I think she may be going to order her one,maybe she can get 2 and save shipping.I was amazed how well it worked and the potatoes were actually a little fluffier.Nico and Wes are really starting to have their own personalities whoever they get them from.