Thursday, January 21, 2010

"Computer Pals"

Dear lady from computer pals:
Stop trying to get my child into your program because he's only 3 and I don't want him to be hook into a computer when we still have 3 more years before he goes to kindergarten. He's smart and we are ok without it.


Yesterday when I picked up my boy from Daycare, he said "Mommy I'm on Computer Pals" and I said "no honey, you are not". He gave me a look and said "YES I AM. I went today and they gave me a sticker that has a computer, see?" As I grabbed the paperwork I see he was treated to a complementary session and of course the letter said how much they would love to have him on their program, how great he did ... bla bla bla. Well you are pushing it people, I understand you are trying to run a business, which I'm sure is suffering like all the other business these days, I see every time you leave me a letter your price has gone down, it used to be $25.00 now we are down to $9.00 but the point of it all is I do not want my child to be in this class at this young age. I feel there's no need for it and I don't feel like paying for an extra service like this when we do have a computer at home and really I don't want my child in front of another screen, you know? If this was "book pal, or music pal" I say SURE please let's develop that, but is just a computer game!!

Respect my decision as a parent and stop telling my child to tell me he needs to be on computer pals. How do I explain a 3 year old this was just a "complementary" session, well son you know what this lady is really trying to convince me to put you on her class so that's why she took you in for free but you are not part of this, sorry. Yeah right ... like he's going to understand all that.

This morning when we went to his cuby he saw the paper work again and remembered once again and I told him he was not on Computer Pals, you don't need to be on this class. I didn't know how else to phrase it. His teacher assure me that he doesn't talk about it any other time then when "the teacher" goes to get the kids (only 2) that go into the class.

So today I called the director of the preschool and voiced my concern about feeling pushed into doing something I had already said in several occasions I'm not interested. What makes me mad is that they are using the innocence of a 3 year old to get the parents to "give in" into something we choose not to do.

I know I'm pregnant and I'm sensitive ... sorry, things are the way they are. ha ha ha

1 comment:

carolina nana said...

YEA,YEA, GOOD FOR YOU CLAUDIA, KIDS ARE PUSHED INTO TO MANY THINGS THAT THEY DON'T NEED JUST BECAUSE OTHER KIDS ARE IN THEM, OR LIKE THIS LADY, ADULTS THINK IF THEY CAN GET A 3 YEAR OLD TO ASK FOR SOMETHING,HIS PARENTS WILL THINK THEY ARE DEPRIVING HIM IF THEY SAY NO. WHAT A CROCK! STICK TO YOUR GUNS.