Friday, January 9, 2009

Conversations with a 2 year old.

Mommy: Nicolas, don't you think it'll be a good idea if Daddy watches the news now, since you've already watch the show you wanted to watch? We can share the TV.

Nico - Ok

After Matt watched a little bit of the news from Good Morning America, he leaves to go to work and Nico says:

"Mommy ... uhm ... I want to watch MY news now"

Me - and what are those?

Nico - Imagination Movers!!!!!! :D


On our way to daycare (yes I took him today too but today was by choice, much nicer and fun and relax ... great start. I felt I needed to have a good moment with him so I'd forget yesterday)

N. - MOMMYYYY WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY SHOE???
Me - What's wrong with your shoe (If I only knew)??? Does it hurt??? are you ok???
N. - Mommy take it off!!!!!!!!
Me - Ok (as I stretch my arm back like the mom from The Incredibles)
N. - MOMMYYYYYY ... PUT IT BACK ON!
Me - forget it I'll fix it when we get to school.


Further more down the mountain.

N.- Mommy ... uhm ... I don't feel good.
Me - really?? (you seem perfectly fine to me) what's wrong??
N.- "I think I need some gummies"
Me - (smart boy!) ha ha ha ... you are ok, we'll save those gummies for later, when I pick you up from school, ok?
N.- Ok Mommy.


I think all stages in our lives are wonderful, they all have good and bad, but it seems there are some stages that seem more enjoyable - all together -
With my son, this is one of them, yes he can get on my nerves and irritate me but at the same time, being able to enjoy a conversation with him ... it's priceless!!!!!

Son, I hope you always want to talk to me - I know when you are a teenager your gonna think I'm a dork who knows nothing about life, but hopefully when you are pass that stage, you will feel comfortable to come to me and share good conversations with me.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awe! Wes isn't quite to the conversation point. I'm so excited for those days... maybe :)
TGIF!!!

Amy said...

Ok, so I did A and I think I got it for Amy so I'm giving you C, Mrs. Claudia :) I'm excited to see your answers!